The Safety 1st Grow and Go 3 in 1 Convertible Car Seat is one of the best values on the market right now. With an attractive price, as well as convenient features, babies are sure to feel comfy and safe.
Name of Product: Safety 1st Grow and Go 3-in-1 Convertible Car Seat
Cheapest Place to Buy: Amazon.com
The infant car seat can be a great starter car seat, but if you’re looking for long term use with just one car seat, then a convertible car seat is the better way to go.
If you’re more interested in a travel system with car seat and stroller, then check out my review of the Evenflo Vive Travel System.
I personally purchased an infant car seat in the beginning, but my son started to outgrow it so quickly that I wish I had bought a convertible car seat from the onset.
Well, lucky for you, the Safety 1st Grow and Go Car Seat is very reasonably priced, starting at about US$137, depending on the color.
While this is not the most expensive or cheapest car seat out there, it sits in the lower price range for convertible car seats. But don’t let the low price fool you! This car seat is a great bang for your buck!
You can pay up to US$169 for this car seat, but that’s for the darker colors all around. This makes sense as the darker colors tend to get dirty less easily, so you’re also paying more for a little more convenience.
This car seat is built to withstand weights up to 100 pounds. And it is safe to say that most babies and toddlers will fall into this weight range.
This is a huge increase compared to infant car seats, that can usually only hold up to 35 pounds or so depending on the brand.
So you can see how buying just 1 car seat can save you a ton of headaches as your baby grows and gets heavier. And let’s face it, some babies get bigger quicker than others. So if you have a baby that’s growing and gaining weight really quickly, they won’t have much longer in the infant car seat.
Plus, you don’t want to carry an infant car sear around with a heavy baby. Your arms will begin to feel like jello. Trust me, I’m talking from experience.
3 Stages to Suit Your Child
- Designed for infants up to 40 pounds
- This is the recommended seating position for babies.
It is advised to have your child sitting in a rear facing car seat for as long as possible, as this is the safest way to protect them in case of an accident.
- This is also the position for infant car seats, that are designed to only be used rear facing, as it’s meant for younger babies.
- Designed for infants/toddlers 22-65 pounds
- This is not to say that as soon as your baby reaches 22 pounds that they should be front facing.
- As pointed out above, infants should be rear facing for as long as possible. The rear facing position can accommodate infants up to 40 pounds, which I think is pretty reasonable.
- Many parents rush to turn their child around so the child can see what’s happening in front, as well as to make it easier for the parents to see the child. But keep in mind that your child’s safety should be the utmost priority. Waiting an extra few months before turning your baby in a front facing position won’t harm them. If anything, it helps to keep them safer for longer.
Belt Positioning Booster
- Designed for children between 40-100 pounds
- This position is a front facing position and is designed for older children who are ready to use the car seat belts.
- Remember that this is not until your child meets the height and weight requirements. The booster seat is exactly what the name says. It helps to raise the child’s seating position so that they can comfortably use the seat belt in the proper position.
- Your child should never place the seat belt behind them because it’s uncomfortable. If this is the case, then you need to adjust the seat so that your child can easily fit the seat belt across the shoulders and chest.
There are so many perks with this car seat and it should meet most, if not all of your and your child’s needs.
- Easy to put child in and out of car
- If you’ve struggled like I have with getting the harness buckles around your child when putting them in the car, then this feature will save you a lot of hassle.
- The holders are meant to keep the harness in place, and make putting your child in the car and taking them out a breeze. I sure wish my infant car seat had this feature!
Up to 7 inches EXTRA LEG ROOM
When placed in the Rear facing position, you get an extra 7 inches of leg room if you’re the parent/adult sitting in the front seat.
- For me, this is a major PLUS because constantly moving the seat back and forth, or leaving it in a more forward position, can make for an uncomfortable car ride.
- Remember though, that this is for the rear facing positioned car seat.
- You can remove the entire car seat pad and wash it in the machine. This makes cleaning it so easy as spills are inevitable.
- It’s also safe to put the car seat pad in the dryer.
2 Cup Holders
- This is perfect for older toddlers/children.
- You can have food/snacks in one holder and water/juice in the other. It doesn’t get more convenient than that.
Variety of Colors available
There a few colors to choose from based on your preference. I personally like the Blue Coral as is adds just the right amount of blue to make the color pop.
There are also shades of grey, and a black as well with pops of color. Find your perfect color here.
Cons of Convertible Car Seat
Cannot remove from car to bring infant in/out of car
- Unlike infants car seats like the Evenflo Vive, the convertible car seat is meant to stay inside the car.
- For people who live in colder climates, this means you will have to find other means of covering your baby while traveling to and from the car.
- On the other hand, you don’t have to lug around with a heavy car seat everywhere you go.
Bulkier than infant car seats
- The convertible car seats in general are built larger than infant car seats because they are meant to hold bigger children as well.
- For this reason, the convertible car seat is much bigger, compared to the infant car seat.
- The way I see it, that’s more cushioning for my baby 🙂
Ready to Purchase?
With all these great features, you are probably ready to purchase the Safety 1st Grow and Go Convertible car seat for your child.
Get it for the cheapest price online here.
Get a car seat that will grow with your little one and keep them safe, while providing comfort all at the same time.
Are you thinking of purchasing the Safety 1st Grow and Go convertible car seat? Have you purchased in the past and what was your experience with it? Share you feedback or questions in the comments below.
Thanks for reading 🙂